When purchasing fuel from EPEA fuel dealer members, you should feel good about your choice because you’re saving on home heating costs and using an alternative home heating fuel that’s cleaner than ever before!
Low sulfur heating oil is the latest iteration of traditional home heating fuels, and it makes staying warm, reducing heating costs, and preserving our environment easy. Here’s what you should know!
- Low sulfur heating oil reduces the sulfur content in heating oil all the way down to 500 ppm.
- Sulfur buildup is a common cause of equipment malfunction and breakdowns. Using low sulfur heating oil helps your heating equipment last longer and reduce maintenance costs.
- Less sulfur content means heating equipment can burn the fuel more efficiently
- Using low sulfur heating oil reduces your carbon footprint and helps to preserve the environment.
- There are no modifications required to your heating system. Low sulfur heating oil is used in existing home heating equipment.
Low sulfur heating oil is one of the latest advancements that have been made in the heating oil industry, and eastern Pennsylvania homeowners should be proud to use this fuel in their homes because it means they’re doing their part in protecting the environment and improving their comfort levels during the winter.
Low sulfur heating oil is also commonly blended with renewable biodiesel to create Bioheat fuel – an even cleaner, greener way to fuel your home’s heating systems!
Another piece of good news for users of home heating oil: Ultra-low sulfur heating oil will be coming to Pennsylvania at some point in the future, bringing the sulfur content down to 15 ppm and reducing GHG emissions even further.
Call or contact us online today to learn more about low sulfur heating oil.